Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Will You Be There? NoVa Teen Book Festival: Arlington, Virginia on March 8th



It's so hard to find when signings/ author events/ book festivals are without just Googling and hope for the best (which is what I spend at least a half an hour of my day doing). So I decided to create a page on my above tabs where I list all the events in the DC/ MD/ VA area that I can find. I might actually be moving to a different state soon so we'll see if I have to change the page or do both.


Anyway, this weekend is the NoVa Teen Book Festival in Arlington, Virginia. 
NoVaTEEN Book Festival | March 8 2014 | Arlington
Where: Washington-Lee High School, Arlington, Virginia
When: March 8 2014
Doors Open at 9:30AM, Panels start at 10AM, Signing is at 4PM
Cost: Free!

Here is a list of the authors attending and the books available to buy:

Aimee Agresti
__ILLUMINATE (Book 1, paperback)
__ INFATUATE (Book 2, hardcover)
Jenna Black*
___ REPLICA (Book 1, paperback)
___ RESISTANCE (Book 2, paperback)
Hannah Barnaby
___ WONDER SHOW (paperback)
Erica Cameron
___ SING SWEET NIGHTINGALE (paperback)
Elle Cosimano
___ NEARLY GONE (Hardcover)
Lamar Giles
__FAKE ID
Claudia Gray
___ SPELLCASTER (Book 1, paperback/hardcover)
___ STEADFAST (Book 2, hardcover)
Sarah Guillory
___ RECLAIMED (paperback)
Marie Lu
___ LEGEND (Book 1, paperback/hardcover)
___ PRODIGY (Book 2, paperback/hardcover)
___ CHAMPION (Book 3, hardcover)
Meg Medina*
___ YAQUI DELGADO WANTS TO KICK YOUR ASS (Hardcover)
Elisa Nader
___ ESCAPE FROM EDEN (Hardcover)
Phyllis Reynolds Naylor*
___ I LIKE HIM, HE LIKES HER (Paperback)
___ IT’S NOT LIKE I PLANNED IT THIS WAY (Paperback)
___ PLEASE DON’T BE TRUE (Paperback)
___ YOU AND ME AND THE SPACE BETWEEN (Paperback)
___ NOW I’LL TELL YOU EVERYTHING (Hardcover)
Lea Nolan
___ CONJURE (Book 1, paperback)
___ ALLURE (Book 2, paperback)
Ellen Oh
___ PROPHECY (Book 1, paperback)
___ WARRIOR (Book 2, hardcover)
Diana Peterfreund*
___ FOR DARKNESS SHOWS THE STARS (Book 1, paperback)
___ ACROSS A STAR-SWEPT SEA (Book 2, hardcover)
Jennifer Rush
___ALTERED (Book 1, paperback)
___ERASED (Book 2, hardcover)
Victoria Schwab*
___THE ARCHIVED (Book 1, paperback/hardcover)
___THE UNBOUND (Book 2, hardcover)
Elizabeth Scott*
___ HEARTBEAT (Hardcover)
___ LIVING DEAD GIRL (Paperback)
___ LOVE YOU, HATE YOU, MISS YOU (Paperback)
Kristen Simmons
___ ARTICLE 5 (Book 1, paperback)
___BREAKING POINT (Book 2, paperback)
___ THREE  (Book 3, hardcover)
Jon Skovron
___MAN MADE BOY (Hardcover)
Meagan Spooner
___THESE BROKEN STARS (Hardcover)
Jessica Spotswood
___BORN WICKED (Book 1, paperback)
___STAR CURSED (Book 2, hardcover)
Cristin Terrill
___ALL OUR YESTERDAYS (Hardcover)
Amy Brecount White
___FORGET HER NOTS (Hardcover)

I have only read Victoria Schwab's The Archived which I really liked. I picked up the book when she was in MD last month for a book signing. I'm trying a new thing of not buying a book unless I absolutely want it, even if the author is there to sign. However, I made an exception because I loved how Victoria talked about little dead things and writing dark. As it turns out, I really liked The Archived and want to get The Unbound signed now so that worked out. 

I have Meagan Spooner's book Skylark which I bought at a signing without knowing anything about it (this was when I was a signing newbie), read three pages, and put it down. Haven't picked it up since. 

Anyway, what's nice about this event is that it is not only a signing but all day panels on a variety of topics such as "How dire circumstances and high-stakes situations unite and shape characters to 
defeat the odds" and "An exploration into the appeal of bad boys and the girl MCs who love them."

Sounds awesome, right? RIGHT? 

Some specifics about the event I learned from the website or other sources:
- Park near Door 5. It's near the auditorium where the event will take place. 
- You can bring three books from home to get signed. The rest you have to buy from there. Seems fair to me.
- Panels are from 10 to 4 and the signing FOR ALL AUTHORS is at 4 across the street at the Arlington Central Library 
- You can come and go from the event as you please but for some things, seating is limited. 
- If you can't stay for the signing but live in the area, you can ask a bookseller there to get the books signed for you. So nice of them. 
- Doors open at 9:30 AM

For the event schedule:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ifl27c7j71wlx9w/NoVaTEEN_Full%20Event%20Schedule.pdf